Welcome to my Medical Journey and Information Blog

This blog is my about my medical journey with some insightful information. I will share what my condition is, the process I'm in with the medical society and how it's all effecting my life. My hope is that it passes off good information to all who reads it.



I guarantee you will come away with some insightful information.



You can also be cheered up in my joke section. And maybe you might even be comforted by some of my poems, even the ridiculous ones.



Monday, April 26, 2010

The next day...

This morning I'm feeling the pain in my body (head, neck, spine, lower back, feet, joints) and extremely fatigued.  My heart is feeling like it's cramping.  That's the only was I can explain it.

Last night, I went out to some friends for dinner.  I was a little reluctant since I was still recovering from having a collapse a few days earlier.  Days afer I have a collapse I get a headache, slight dizziness, and what feels like inflamation throughout from my head, neck, spine to my lower back and feet.  After I lay down for a while, when I get up, every joint feels stiff and my feet hurt?  Why this is I don't know, but it happens everytime.

I had rested partly through the day yesterday and then did some laundry.  I still felt run down. My battery was only half charged.   When I was asked to come over for dinner I really wanted to go, so I did.  I thought it would be a low key visit.  So I went, even though I still had a headache that was at the base of my neck/head.

Shorty after arriving I got visiting with a gal there and I listened to her adventures and just kept my talking mininal.  Even the listening was straining because you also offer expressions like smiling, laughter and interjections.  I could feel as the night was progressing so was my condition.  After a while my left arm jerked a few times, this is the first warning, I knew I needed to get going.  I was starting to zone out and knew if I pushed myself I would collapse again.

It's hard to get together with people when they don't understand or fully know what's wrong with you or even what to do.  It makes it hard to get to know new people, because they have to be at least aware of my conditon incase I collapse, so it doesn't freak them out.  But really nobody wants to hear about it, they just want to have a good time.  So even though you don't feel great you don't want to bust up the fun, so you just leave.

When my system starts to take me out, it makes it very difficult to socialize.  So you either stay in bed to recoup or you simply don't go out.  This could be weeks or even months.  When you're on a down time people begin to think it's depression.  This frustrates me more than anything.  I am not a depressed person, however, it does become a downer when you're house bound for a while and your social dies out.  That's pretty normal to feel.

If I'm feeling well I usually load up my day with all the things I need and want to do.  This illness has nothing to do with laziness or stress issues.  When the battery has no charge or very little there's not much you can do.  You have to wait for it to recharge.  My battery doesn't hold a charge very well.

If you go to The Humming Bird's website on M.E. it gives a good description on this illness.  Check it out in my links.

I'll talked about reverse paralysis locked in syndrome a bit later.  Something a neurologist mentioned to me, which is currently being investigated.  Just watch for this title.

No comments:

Post a Comment